The U.S Embassy in Pristina now provides full visa services for all Kosovo residents. Please follow the application instructions below. At your interview, you must provide the following:
- Confirmation page of the application form DS-160.
- Interview appointment confirmation page. Please schedule your interview appointment here.
- Application Fee to be paid in cash (160.00 dollars or 152.00 euro, but not a combination of currencies) at the consular section on the day of interview. The Embassy strongly encourages applicants to bring exact change. Credit cards cannot be accepted.
- A valid passport containing at least two blank pages.
- One 5 x 5 cm color photograph taken within the last six months: Please follow photo requirements carefully; we cannot accept photos that do not meet the standards.
- Evidence of compelling ties to Kosovo demonstrating your intent to return after your temporary stay in the United States.
- If you have ever been arrested or convicted of a crime, even if the conviction has been expunged from your record, you must declare it on your DS-160 application and bring all relevant court documents.
- Arrive no more than 15 minutes before your interview. Large bags and weapons are prohibited at the Embassy. To facilitate security screening, consider leaving electronic devices at home.
- Approved visa applicants can generally pick up their visa one working day after the interview. However, some cases require administrative processing – do not purchase airline tickets until you have received your visa. If your visa application is denied and you have further questions, please visit Visa Denials.