Interview Registration

You, the U.S. citizen sponsor, must file Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e), with the USCIS office that serves the area where you live.  See Direct Filing Addresses for Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e)for information on where to file the petition. Further information is available on the USCIS website under Fiancé(e) Visas.  Note: Form I-129F cannot be filed at a U.S. Embassy, Consulate, or USCIS office abroad.  After USCIS approves the petition, it is sent to the National Visa Center (NVC) for processing, and NVC will send it to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where your fiancé(e) will apply for a K-1 nonimmigrant visa.

The information below describes how to apply for a K-1 fiancé(e) visa for the United States.

How to Schedule Your Interview
  1. Create an account 
  2. Select ”Register,” then select “I have received a letter from the consular section with instructions 
    to register and schedule a K visa appointment”
  3. Create your account
  4. Pay the fiancé (e) visa fee of $265 per person
  5. Schedule your visa interview appointment date in the calendar
  6. Print out the appointment letter and bring it to the Embassy on the date of your appointment

*If during your registration you receive a message: “The Immigrant Visa case number provided is not ready to schedule an appointment”, please allow a few more days until your case number is loaded in the website.  This usually happens because you received the appointment letter before your electronic file is sent to the Consular Section.  You must try to register again in the next days, but make sure to be registered before your interview date.

You can learn more about the interview process on

What to Bring to the Interview
  • Confirmation page of the application form DS-160 form;
  • A valid passport containing at least two blank pages
  • One 5 x 5 cm (2 x 2 in) color photograph taken within the last six months (no eyeglasses);
  • Original birth certificate;
  • Original Certificate of Civil Status
  • Divorce and/or death certificate(s) of any previous spouse(s) for both you and the U.S. citizen petitioner
  • Kosovo Court certificates for applicants over 16 years of age. If you have ever been arrested or convicted of a crime you are
    required to declare it; Please bring relevant court documents.
  • Kosovo Police certificates for applicants over 18 years of age. Applicants who have lived in a foreign country for one year or
    more after the age of 16 must also present a police certificate from that country
  • Evidence of relationship with your U.S. citizen fiancé (e), such as photographs, correspondence, proof of phone calls,
    passport stamps/airline tickets, or other evidence of a relationship over a period of time.
  • Evidence of financial support (Form I-134)
  • Medical examination:  Each visa applicant, regardless of age, is required to undergo medical examination by the authorized panel physician of the U.S. Embassy.  You must schedule the appointment with the panel physician within ten days prior to your scheduled visa interview at the Embassy.  See our instruction sheet on how to schedule an appointment.