Nonimmigrant Visas: Diplomatic and Official Visas

With the exception of a Head of State or Government who qualifies for an A-1 visa regardless of the purpose of the visit to the United States, the type of visa required by a diplomat or other government official depends upon the reason for entering the United States.

Government officials traveling to the United States to perform non-governmental functions of a commercial nature or traveling as tourists require the appropriate H, L or B visa, or if qualified, travel visa free under the Visa Waiver Program; they do not qualify for diplomatic or official visas.

U.S. Embassy Pristina processes all routine official A and G visa cases and all Diplomatic visa cases. Urgent questions – including official travel of government or international organization officials within the next 10 days – should be directed to our office by phone.