The U.S. Embassy in Pristina informs U.S. citizens that the Department of State has released new travel guidance for Kosovo in the form of a Travel Advisory. You can read the full Travel Advisory for Kosovo on the State Department website.
A Travel Advisory for each country of the world has replaced Travel Warnings and Travel Alerts. Travel Advisories follow a consistent format and use plain language to help U.S. citizens find and use important security information. Travel Advisories apply up to four standard levels of advice, give a description of the risks, and provide clear actionable steps U.S. citizens should take.
As of January 10, U.S. embassies and consulates will issue Alerts to replace the current Emergency Messages and Security Messages. Alerts will inform U.S. citizens of specific safety and security concerns in a country, such as demonstrations, crime trends, and weather events. All alerts will now be sent out via e-mail to U.S. citizens who have registered in STEP, and will also be posted to our website.
We are also pleased to announce the debut of our quarterly ACS newsletter, where you can find useful information about living or traveling in Kosovo and about services that the U.S. Embassy offers. You can find this and all future newsletters on the Embassy website.
For more detailed information about Travel Advisories and Alerts, please visit travel.state.gov.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the latest guidance worldwide, and the Kosovo Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Kosovo located at 30 Nazim Hikmet St. Arberia/Dragodan, 10000 Pristina, at +(381) 38-5959-3119 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal or Kosovo holidays). After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +(381) 38-5959-3000.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitterand Facebook.