Please note: The Department of State assumes no responsibility or liability for the professional ability or reputation of, or the quality of services provided by, the entities or individuals whose names appear on the following lists. Inclusion on this list is in no way an endorsement by the Department or the U.S. government. Names are listed alphabetically, and the order in which they appear has no other significance. The information on the list is provided directly by the local service providers; the Department is not in a position to vouch for such information.

Travel.State.Gov has general information about marriage abroad.  Specific information about getting married in Kosovo should be checked with the municipal registrar of the city in which you are getting married. Another resource you may also consult is Family Law of Kosovo, particularly Article 17: Certificate of Marriage-Eligibility for Foreigners.

U.S. citizens in Kosovo wishing to marry a Kosovo citizen will need to show that s/he is free to marry. The Kosovo Civil Registration Agency (CRA) currently accepts a free to marry affidavit, notarized in the U.S. and submitted in original form. If you are already in Kosovo, an alternative would be to schedule a notarial appointment. We have a free to marry affidavit for an American citizen to sign that we will notarize. If you were previously married but now divorced, you will need to provide the date the marriage was dissolved, where, and by what court.