Please note: The Department of State assumes no responsibility or liability for the professional ability or reputation of, or the quality of services provided by, the entities or individuals whose names appear on the following lists. Inclusion on this list is in no way an endorsement by the Department or the U.S. government. Names are listed alphabetically, and the order in which they appear has no other significance. The information on the list is provided directly by the local service providers; the Department is not in a position to vouch for such information.
Many U.S. citizens travel to Kosovo and other countries every year with sports-related contracts and have enjoyable, professional experiences. The U.S. Embassy is aware, however, that a growing number of individuals have entered into contracts with local sports clubs in Kosovo, contracts which were allegedly not honored by those clubs.
Prior to entering into any foreign contract or relocating overseas, we strongly suggest you consult the following resources and ensure you are able to financially support your trip and return home to the United States should the contract not be honored.
- Kosovo Country Information
- American Citizen Services Local Resources
- Kosovo Government – Ministry of Culture, Youth, and Sport
We can help:
- Replace a stolen/expired passport.
- Contact family, friends, or employers for financial assistance.
- Explain the local criminal justice process.
- Obtain information about your case if you have filed a police report.
- Provide a list of local lawyers who speak English.
- Investigate crimes.
- Provide legal advice or represent you in court.
- Serve as official interpreters or translators.
- Pay legal, medical, departure expenses, or other fees for you.