Please note: The Department of State assumes no responsibility or liability for the professional ability or reputation of, or the quality of services provided by, the entities or individuals whose names appear on the following lists. Inclusion on this list is in no way an endorsement by the Department or the U.S. government. Names are listed alphabetically, and the order in which they appear has no other significance. The information on the list is provided directly by the local service providers; the Department is not in a position to vouch for such information.
Department for Migration and Foreigners
- Tel: +(381) 38-200-190-26 / +(381) 38-200-190-27 / +(381) 38-200-190-17
- Office Hours 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m., Monday through Friday
- Kosovo government information for foreigners (Albanian only)
- Work and residency permits (Albanian only)
- Medical insurance (Albanian only)
General Emergency Number is 112
- Telephone Numbers for Alarm Centers throughout Kosovo
- Emergency Management Agency
- Earthquakes (PDF 3,282KB – Albanian only)
- Avalanche (PDF 2,749KB – Albanian only)
- Family Preparedness During Emergencies (PDF 7,743KB – Albanian only)
- You may download their app here (app is not regularly updated)
- Kosovo Red Cross (Albanian only website)
- Victim’s Advocacy and Assistance Office has offices throughout Kosovo and assists with medical exams, psychological assistance, translation, social services (i.e., temporary shelter), legal assistance (public defender). Toll-free, 24-hour telephone help line: 0800-11-112.
Drug Abuse and STD Prevention Resources
- Labyrinth provides counseling for abusers, families, and STD testing free of charge. The organization has offices in Pristina, Gjilan, and Prizren.
- Employment Promotion Agency of Kosovo (APPK) provides support for the economic integration of individuals in society, counseling, training, and self-employment. Contact information is available here.