The U.S. Embassy Pristina informs U.S. citizens that demonstrations are expected to take place along Mother Teresa Blvd in Pristina on January 6, beginning at 13:00. The protest is expected to begin at the Newborn Monument and move toward the Kosovo Government building, ultimately ending near the French Embassy in Arberia/Dragodan. A political party and members of civil society will be protesting against the arrest of a party member. The anticipated size of the protest is unknown.
Even demonstrations intended to be peaceful can become confrontational and escalate into violence. You should avoid areas of demonstrations, and exercise caution if in the vicinity of any large gatherings, protests, or demonstrations.
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Kosovo Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Kosovo located at 30 Nazim Hikmet St. Arberia/Dragodan, 10000 Pristina, at +(381) 38-5959-3001 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal or Kosovo holidays). After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +(381) 38-5959-3001.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.