Location: Kosovo, countrywide
Event: During the summer season security measures in Kosovo remain heightened due to ongoing threats posed by transnational terrorist organizations and individuals inspired by extremist ideology. Extremists continue to focus on tourist locations, large public gatherings, shopping malls, transportation hubs, clubs, and other soft targets frequented by Westerners.
Actions to Take:
- Exercise additional vigilance at locations with large crowds.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- U.S. Embassy Pristina, Kosovo
+ (383) 38-5959-3001
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Kosovo Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.