Location: Throughout Pristina, Kosovo and possibly other major towns in Kosovo.
Event: Independence Day celebration on February 17, 2018. Celebratory gun fire and low-quality fireworks are common in Kosovo and may increase during Independence Day celebrations. In the past, serious injuries and death have occurred as a result of both stray bullets from celebratory gun fire and fireworks mishaps.
Actions to Take:
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Avoid crowds.
- Avoid demonstrations
- Keep a low profile.
- Notify friends and family of your safety.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Review your personal security plans.
- U.S. Embassy Pristina, Kosovo
+ (381) 38-5959-3001
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Kosovo Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.