Location: (Merdare Kosovo-Serbia border)
Event: The U.S. Embassy Pristina has confirmed reports that the Merdare border crossing with Kosovo is currently closed and that the road to the crossing on the Serbian side of the border is barricaded approximately two kilometers from the crossing point. The Dheu i Bardhe/Konculj, Mutivode, and Mucibabe border crossings between Kosovo and Serbia are still passable as of 14:00 today. The Kosovo-Serbia border crossings at Jarinje and Brnjak/Bernjak remain closed at present. Follow the Kosovo Ministry of Internal Affairs website for updated information at https://mpb.rks-gov.net/.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the area (Merdare Kosovo-Serbia border))
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Avoid crowds.
- Keep a low profile.
- Notify friends and family of your safety..
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Review your personal security plans.
- U.S. Embassy Pristina, Kosovo
+ (383) 38-5959-3000
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Kosovo Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.