U.S. Embassy Pristina informs U.S. citizens that according to local media, Kosovo Police is advising the public to avoid the Merdare border crossing between Kosovo and Serbia due to construction work on the border facilities. Starting today and continuing until November 15, 2017, travelers using this border crossing may experience periodic interruptions in service resulting in longer-than-normal wait times. Kosovo Police urges citizens to consider alternative border crossing points for travel to/from Serbia.
For further information about Kosovo see:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Kosovo Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Kosovo located at 30 Nazim Hikmet St. Arberia/Dragodan, 10000 Pristina, at +(381) 38-5959-3001 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal or Kosovo holidays). After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +(381) 38-5959-3001.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.