We are pleased to announce that U.S. Embassy Pristina is an official testing site for the 2020 Foreign Service Officer Test (FSOT)!
Registering for the FSOT is the first step in becoming a Foreign Service Officer (FSO) with the U.S. Department of State. The mission of an FSO – as a U.S. diplomat in the Foreign Service – is to promote peace, support prosperity, and protect U.S. citizens while advancing U.S. interests abroad. You will be asked to serve at any of the 270 Embassies, Consulates, and other diplomatic missions around the world. While some of these missions are in difficult and dangerous environments, working in them affords you the opportunity for great challenges and rewards.
How to Register
To register for the test and find out more about the selection process, please click here. Registration closes on January 29, 2020.
The U.S. Embassy Pristina will offer the FSOT on Saturday, February 1, 2020 at 09:00. Because test seats are limited, you are encouraged to register as early as possible. More information about career opportunities with the Department of State can be found at this link.
Who can become a Foreign Service Officer?
To be eligible, the U.S. Department of State requires that each candidate be:
- A U.S. citizen on the date the candidate submits the registration package.
- At least 20 years old and no older than 59 years of age on the day the candidate submits the registration.
- At least 21 years old and not yet 60 years old on the day the candidate is appointed as a Foreign Service Officer.
- Available for worldwide assignments, including Washington, D.C.
For any questions about the FSOT at the U.S. Embassy Pristina, please contact us at PristinaHR@state.gov.
- U.S. Embassy Pristina, Kosovo
+ (383) 38-5959-3000
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Kosovo Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.