U.S. Embassy Pristina informs U.S. citizens that according to reports published in local media, the main road between Kacanik and Hani i Elezit will be closed today, May 8, 2018 at 10:00 due to potential landslides and cracks in the asphalt. Starting today and until further notice, travelers using this route may experience periodic interruptions. The Ministry of Infrastructure will provide alternate routes for vehicles. See alternate routes https://xk.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/133/Map01-May8-2018.jpg and https://xk.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/133/Map02-May8-2018.jpg.
Actions to Take:
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Monitor Ministry of Infrastructure web site (http://mi-ks.net/)
- U.S. Embassy Pristina, Kosovo
+ (381) 38-5959-3001
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Kosovo Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.