The Government of Kosovo (GoK) announced new measures to combat the worsening pandemic, including reduced business operating hours countrywide. Reduction in non-essential business activities are in place from 2000 tonight through 0500 on Monday, November 9, 2020. Restaurants, malls, recreation centers and business will be closed during these hours. Exceptions to the closure include bakeries, pharmacies, small markets, public health institutions and economic activities related to trade and supply chain.
Additional movement restrictions apply to seven municipalities: Prishtina/Pristina, Fushë Kosova/Kosovo Polje, Gjilan/Gnjilane, Obiliq/Obilic, Gjakova/Djakovica, Podujeva/Podujevo, and Shtime/Stimlje. The entry/exit of citizens and private vehicles is prohibited in these municipalities from 2000 tonight through 0500 on Monday, November 9, 2020, with the exception of health and safety personnel, citizens with medical needs, essential operations for supply chain, construction, and public works.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy web page on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Kosovo.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- U.S. Embassy Pristina, Kosovo
+ (383) 38-5959-3000
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Kosovo Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.