Event: Revised curfew and quarantine guidance and flight info/recommendations.
UPDATE. The May 5th Air Pristina flight to Zurich is SOLD OUT. If you booked this flight please get in touch with us (PristinaACS@state.gov) so we can assist with transit. Make sure you have a paper or electronic copy of your entire itinerary available at check-in, and we recommend you have cash to pay for bag fees and incidentals. We will send information on the next flights once we receive it.
UPDATE. Please check with our office before booking tickets on other flights, such as Dusseldorf and Stuttgart. These destinations, and others, do not allow non-EU residents/citizens to transit. If you book tickets to destinations that do not allow transit, you will be prevented from boarding the aircraft in Pristina.
Curfew and quarantine:
UPDATE. Effective May 4th, the Government of Kosovo revised curfew and quarantine restrictions and introduced a phased plan for the reopening of businesses. All residents in Kosovo, over the age of 16, now have a daily limit of two 90-minute periods to accomplish essential tasks. If you need assistance or clarification, please call the toll free emergency number 112. The schedule of movement is based on the second to last digit of your Kosovo ID, or foreign passport. Please check the Ministry of Health web site for more information.
|Time||Second to Last Number|
|07:00 – 08:30||0, 1, 2|
|09:00 – 10:30||3, 4, 5|
|11:00 – 12:30||6, 7|
|13:00 – 14:30||8, 9|
|15:00 – 16:30||0, 1, 2|
|17:00 – 18:30||3, 4, 5|
|19:00 – 20:30||6, 7|
|21:00 – 22:30||8, 9|
On March 31, the Department of State updated the Global Level 4 Health Advisory – Do Not Travel, due to the global impact of COVID-19.
On March 16, the United States Embassy in Pristina reduced staffing and operations, however, emergency consular services for U.S. citizens continue to be available. To apply for an emergency passport, or if you have any other urgent matter, contact PristinaACS@state.gov.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy web page on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Kosovo.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- U.S. Embassy Pristina, Kosovo
+ (383) 38-5959-3000
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Kosovo Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.