Event: 1) Revised curfew and quarantine guidance. 2) Flight for May 22nd SOLD OUT. 3) Passports and other Embassy services.
UPDATE 1. Effective May 18th the curfew exception is expanded to two 120-minute time-periods per day. It is still based on the second-to-last number of your national ID card or passport. For more curfew exception hours, see the Ministry of Health Schedule.
UPDATE 2. The flight from Pristina to Zurich on Friday, May 22nd is SOLD OUT. All American citizens and LPRs must have tickets booked to the U.S. or they will not be permitted to board the aircraft. Contact PristinaACS@state.gov if you booked this flight so that we can assist with transit.
UPDATE 3. Although passport processing centers in the United States have suspended operations due to COVID-19, travelers with an immediate travel need may contact us at PristinaACS@state.gov to request an emergency appointment. All non-emergency services remain suspended until further notice.
American citizens can transit Zurich to several EU locations, or stay in the terminal hotel, while LPRs face additional restrictions. If you have questions about transit, contact us before purchasing your tickets.
On March 31, the Department of State updated the Global Level 4 Health Advisory – Do Not Travel, due to the global impact of COVID-19.
On March 16, the United States Embassy in Pristina reduced staffing and operations, however, emergency consular services for U.S. citizens continue to be available. To apply for an emergency passport, or if you have any other urgent matter, contact PristinaACS@state.gov.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy web page on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Kosovo.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- U.S. Embassy Pristina, Kosovo
+ (383) 38-5959-3000
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Kosovo Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.