Event: Update to flight options departing Kosovo. If you plan to depart Kosovo please read each paragraph below marked UPDATE.
UPDATE. The Air Prishtina flight departing Pristina International Airport on 01 April to Zurich is sold out, and the 05 Apr to Zurich may also be sold out. Contact Alta Via travel, or another travel agent, to check availability (email@example.com). We were informed that at least one connecting flight from Zurich to Heathrow was CANCELLED. Please call your airlines to confirm your connecting flights now, and then again prior to departure. There are still options available either through London or Amersterdam.
UPDATE. We confirmed that both American citizens and Legal Permanent Residents (LPRs) can transit Zurich, London-Heathrow, and Amsterdam. Passengers will need to show proof of tickets purchased for each leg of their journey back to the U.S. in order to board these flights.
There are several direct flights from Schiphol to the U.S. on KLM and Delta. Please check their websites for info.
UPDATE. There are hotels available in the transit terminals at both Zurich and Heathrow, links to several options below. It may be possible to book a hotel outside the airport but we cannot confirm and do not recommend it.
The below websites are from the governments of the U.K. and Switzerland and explain the transit requirements and exemptions for both countries. We recommend you print a copy and bring it with you to show to boarding agents if asked.
There are other flights to Malmo, Basel, and Dusseldorf, but we have not been able to confirm viable transit options. We do not recommend you book those flights unless you can confirm your travels plans all the way through to your U.S. destination.
On March 27, we asked all U.S. Citizens in Kosovo who wish to be notified if commercial flights or evacuation options to the U.S. become available must complete this online FORM. Completing this form will enable us to compile accurate information on potential travelers, and the data will be held in strict confidentiality. If you previously contacted us, we already have your information, but recommend filling out this form if you have the capability to do so. Please also complete the form for all minor children.
Please view this brief video message by the Consular Chief regarding the current situation:https://xk.usembassy.gov/
On March 19, the Department of State issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory – Do Not Travel, due to the global impact of COVID-19.
On March 16, the United States Embassy in Pristina reduced staffing and operations, however, emergency consular services for U.S. citizens continue to be available. To apply for an emergency passport, or if you have any other urgent matter, contact PristinaACS@state.gov.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy web page on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Kosovo.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- U.S. Embassy Pristina, Kosovo
+ (383) 38-5959-3000
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Kosovo Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.