Event: **UPDATE. There is a charter flight scheduled to depart Pristina International Airport on 01 April to Zurich. If you do not plan to remain in Kosovo for the duration of the Covid-19 pandemic, we urge you to try and book tickets on this flight. We do not know if/when there will be flights in the future. From Zurich, you may be able to book to Heathrow and then onwards to various destinations in the U.S. To the best of our knowledge, American citizens who have tickets booked and purchased to their final destination will be able to transit both Zurich and Heathrow airports. However, these regulations are changing on a daily basis and individual travelers are responsible for checking transit requirements.**
As of 1230 today, 28 March, bookings were available from Pristina to Zurich at https://www.airprishtina.com/en/booking/flights/. You can also contact Alta Via travel for assistance at email@example.com. Please remember to book your trip all the way through to your final U.S. destination and check transit requirements.
On March 27, we asked all U.S. Citizens in Kosovo who wish to be notified if commercial flights or evacuation options to the U.S. become available must complete this online form. Completing this form will enable us to compile accurate information on potential travelers, and the data will be held in strict confidentiality. If you previously contacted us, we already have your information, but recommend filling out this form if you have the capability to do so. Please also complete the form for all minor children. Currently there are no scheduled flights departing Kosovo.
Please view this brief video message by the Consular Chief regarding the current situation:https://xk.usembassy.gov/
On March 19, the Department of State issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory – Do Not Travel, due to the global impact of COVID-19.
On March 16, the United States Embassy in Pristina reduced staffing and operations, however, emergency consular services for U.S. citizens continue to be available. To apply for an emergency passport, or if you have any other urgent matter, contact PristinaACS@state.gov.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy web page on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Kosovo.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- U.S. Embassy Pristina, Kosovo
+ (383) 38-5959-3000
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Kosovo Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.