Event: UPDATE. U.S. Citizens in Kosovo who wish to be notified if commercial flights or evacuation options to the U.S. become available must complete this online form. Completing this form will enable us to compile accurate information on potential travelers, and the data will be held in strict confidentiality. If you previously contacted us, we already have your information, but recommend filling out this form if you have the capability to do so. Please also complete the form for all minor children. Currently there are no scheduled flights departing Kosovo.
Please view this brief video message by the Consular Chief regarding the current situation: https://xk.usembassy.gov/.
On March 19, the Department of State issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory – Do Not Travel, due to the global impact of COVID-19.
On March 16, the United States Embassy in Pristina reduced staffing and operations, however, emergency consular services for U.S. citizens continue to be available. To apply for an emergency passport, or if you have any other urgent matter, contact PristinaACS@state.gov.
UPDATE: This morning, 27 March, at least one family of American citizens with tickets to Dusseldorf were denied boarding at Pristina International Airport because of tightening transit restrictions in Germany. If future commercial flights become available, we will publish known transit restrictions on this page. Those restrictions vary by country and are changing daily.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy web page on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Kosovo.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- U.S. Embassy Pristina, Kosovo
+ (383) 38-5959-3000
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Kosovo Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.