Location: There is an ongoing outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19). The global public health threat posed by COVID-19 is high, with more than 452,000 reported cases worldwide.
Event: Please view this brief video message by the Consular Chief regarding the current situation: https://xk.usembassy.gov/
On March 16, the United States Embassy in Pristina reduced staffing and operations and cancelled routine American Citizen Services (ACS) appointments. Emergency consular services for U.S. citizens will continue to be available. To apply for an emergency passport, or if you have any other urgent matter, please contact PristinaACS@state.gov.
On March 19, the Department of State issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory – Do Not Travel, due to the global impact of COVID-19. In countries where commercial departure options remain available, U.S. citizens who live in the United States should arrange for immediate return to the United States, unless they are prepared to remain abroad for an indefinite period. U.S. citizens who live abroad should avoid all international travel.
UPDATE: There are two flights scheduled to depart Pristina International Airport tomorrow, 27 March, to Dusseldorf (Germany) and Zurich (Switzerland). Unfortunately, our efforts to reserve a group of seats failed; it appears they were pre-booked before the flight schedule was released. We are monitoring for cancellations and will update this page if something becomes available. In the meantime, if you wish to depart you can contact the airlines directly and see if they have anything available. We are asking the airlines to offer us the opportunity to reserve seats if they schedule additional flights.
CHAIR: www.airprishtina.com (firstname.lastname@example.org), +383 38 222 099
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy web page on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Kosovo.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- U.S. Embassy Pristina, Kosovo
+ (383) 38-5959-3000
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Kosovo Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.