Event: 1) Status of land and air borders. 2) General flight information. 3) Passports and other Embassy services.
UPDATE 1. On June 1st, Kosovo opened its land borders to non-citizens. Travelers are required to have a negative Covid-19 test within the last four days, or agree to seven days of self-quarantine, upon entry. The airport remains closed to non-residents/citizens, although the policy will be reviewed next week. Border police have the discretion to deny entrance of any travelers.
UPDATE 2. Weekly flights to Zurich remain an option, including on 03 and 05 June. Check airprishtina.com for availability. Permanent residents and citizens must have tickets booked to the U.S. or will be denied boarding. Other flights (e.g. Dusseldorf, Stuttgart) are not currently viable because they lack direct U.S. connections. There are rumors of Austrian Airways and Turkish Airlines restarting operations in June, but we do not have confirmation.
UPDATE 3. Although passport processing centers in the United States have suspended operations due to COVID-19, travelers with an immediate travel need may contact us at PristinaACS@state.gov to request an emergency appointment. All non-emergency services remain suspended until further notice.
American citizens can transit Zurich to several EU locations, or stay in the terminal hotel, while LPRs face additional restrictions. If you have questions about transit, contact us before purchasing your tickets.
On March 31, the Department of State updated the Global Level 4 Health Advisory – Do Not Travel, due to the global impact of COVID-19.
On March 16, the United States Embassy in Pristina reduced staffing and operations, however, emergency consular services for U.S. citizens continue to be available. To apply for an emergency passport, or if you have any other urgent matter, contact PristinaACS@state.gov.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy web page on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Kosovo.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- U.S. Embassy Pristina, Kosovo
+ (383) 38-5959-3000
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Kosovo Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.