Event: Update to last scheduled flights departing Kosovo.
UPDATE. A flight departs tonight, 06 April, from Pristina International Airport for London Stansted. Tickets can be purchased through their website: https://www.airprishtina.com/en/. There are no direct connections to the U.S. from Stansted, so travelers will need to connect to Heathrow (LHR) via public transportation. All passengers must have tickets booked to the their final destination in the U.S. or they will not be permitted to board the aircraft.
UPDATE. A flight is scheduled to depart to Zurich on 10 April (1145). Zurich often has direct connections and is a good option for those looking to return to the U.S. This may be the last viable commercial flight for the foreseeable future. Tickets can be purchased through their website: https://www.airprishtina.com/en/. All passengers must have tickets booked to the their final destination in the U.S. or they will not be permitted to board the aircraft.
Based on recent experience at the airport, we recommend: 1) Bring cash (euros) to pay additional bag fees and incidentals, and 2) Have an accessible paper or electronic copy of your tickets with final destination in the U.S. If the airline cannot verify your follow-on tickets they cannot board you on the flight.
On March 27, we asked all U.S. Citizens in Kosovo who wish to be notified if commercial flights or evacuation options to the U.S. become available must complete this online FORM. Completing this form will enable us to compile accurate information on potential travelers, and the data will be held in strict confidentiality. If you previously contacted us, we already have your information, but recommend filling out this form if you have the capability to do so. Please also complete the form for all minor children.
Please view this brief video message by the Consular Chief regarding the current situation:https://xk.usembassy.gov/
On March 19, the Department of State issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory – Do Not Travel, due to the global impact of COVID-19.
On March 16, the United States Embassy in Pristina reduced staffing and operations, however, emergency consular services for U.S. citizens continue to be available. To apply for an emergency passport, or if you have any other urgent matter, contact PristinaACS@state.gov.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy web page on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Kosovo.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- U.S. Embassy Pristina, Kosovo
+ (383) 38-5959-3000
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Kosovo Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.