Event: Update to limited scheduled flights departing Kosovo.
UPDATE. The last scheduled flight departs Pristina International Airport for London Stansted, Monday, 06 April, at 1700. The cost is estimated at €449 one way and operated by Air Prishtina. Tickets can be purchased through their website: https://www.airprishtina.com/en/. There are no direct connections to the U.S. from Stansted, so travelers will need to connect to Heathrow (LHR) via public transportation. For non-American citizens (LPRs, visa holders, etc), please check with us reagarding restrictions entering the U.K. All passengers must have tickets booked to the their final destination in the U.S. or they will not be permitted to board the aircraft. If you do not take advantage of this option, you should have a plan to remain in place in Kosovo until travel patterns return to normal.
UPDATE. This Sunday, 05 April, a sold-out flight is scheduled to depart to Zurich with a direct connection to Newark, NJ. Embassy staff will be at the airport to assist. Based on recent experience, we recommend: 1) Bring cash (euros) to pay additional bag fees and incidentals (credit card machine was not working on Wed), and 2) Have an accessible paper or electronic copy of your tickets with final destination in the U.S. If the airline cannot verify your follow-on tickets they cannot board you on the flight.
On March 27, we asked all U.S. Citizens in Kosovo who wish to be notified if commercial flights or evacuation options to the U.S. become available must complete this online FORM. Completing this form will enable us to compile accurate information on potential travelers, and the data will be held in strict confidentiality. If you previously contacted us, we already have your information, but recommend filling out this form if you have the capability to do so. Please also complete the form for all minor children.
Please view this brief video message by the Consular Chief regarding the current situation:https://xk.usembassy.gov/
On March 19, the Department of State issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory – Do Not Travel, due to the global impact of COVID-19.
On March 16, the United States Embassy in Pristina reduced staffing and operations, however, emergency consular services for U.S. citizens continue to be available. To apply for an emergency passport, or if you have any other urgent matter, contact PristinaACS@state.gov.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy web page on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Kosovo.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- U.S. Embassy Pristina, Kosovo
+ (383) 38-5959-3000
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Kosovo Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.