Event: UPDATE: Additional flight available for American citizens and Legal Permanent Residents (LPRs).
UPDATE: There is an Air Prishtina (www.airprishtina.com) flight departing from Skopje International Airport on Wednesday, April 29, at 1255 and arriving in Zurich, Switzerland at 3:05 p.m. The Skopje to Zurich flight is available for public booking through the website or by phone through the Air Prishtina Contact Center at +383 38 222 099. There is same day direct connection from Zurich to Newark (EWR) which we are recommending. This is a viable option for American citizens and LPRs and will likely sell out quickly. Please utilize your own travel agent, or firstname.lastname@example.org, to book the flight from Zurich to the U.S.
UPDATE: All U.S. citizen and LPR travelers who purchase tickets for this flight must email PristinaACS@state.gov their full itinerary from Skopje to the United States no later than 1200 on Monday, 27 April, in order to facilitate cross border movement. Make sure that your passport and/or LPR card is valid and not expired or you will not be permitted to travel.
UPDATE: The U.S. Embassies in Skopje and Pristina have coordinated with the governments of North Macedonia and Kosovo to enable the transit of U.S. citizens and LPRs with valid travel documents and confirmed tickets directly and solely to the Skopje airport, although the border between North Macedonia and Kosovo remains closed. Transportation from Pristina to Skopje will be arranged on two commercial vehicles. Each passenger will be responsible for payment for the vehicle transportation from Pristina to Skopje and the cost will be split evenly among the passengers.
On April 15, the government of Kosovo introduced additional movement restrictions. All residents in Kosovo will have a daily limit of 90 minutes to leave their premises to accomplish essential tasks. If you need additional assistance or clarification, please call the toll free emergency number 112. Persons over the age of 16 can leave their homes for the supply of essential goods and to perform financial duties and other needs (payments, banking) for 90 minutes only. The schedule of movement is based on the second to last digit of their ID number. For foreign residents that do not possess a Kosovo ID, their movement schedule is based on the last digit of their foreign passport number. Please check the Ministry of Health web site for more information.
On March 31, the Department of State updated the Global Level 4 Health Advisory – Do Not Travel, due to the global impact of COVID-19.
On March 16, the United States Embassy in Pristina reduced staffing and operations, however, emergency consular services for U.S. citizens continue to be available. To apply for an emergency passport, or if you have any other urgent matter, contact PristinaACS@state.gov.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy web page on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Kosovo.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- U.S. Embassy Pristina, Kosovo
+ (383) 38-5959-3000
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Kosovo Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.