Event: Update to flight options departing Kosovo.
UPDATE. On 01 April, a flight departed Pristina International Airport with American citizens and Legal Permanent Residents returning to the U.S.
UPDATE. This Sunday, 05 April, a sold out flight is scheduled to depart to Zurich with a direct connection to Newark, NJ. This is the last flight with viable connections to the U.S. on the current schedule. All U.S. Citizens and Legal Permanent Residents in Kosovo who wish to be notified if commercial flights or evacuation options to the U.S. become available must complete this online FORM. If a flight is scheduled we will contact you directly, so please make sure your personal information is correct.
We have been organizing flights with our international partners, and assisting U.S. citizens in booking flights, selecting viable routes, and clearing through connecting airports since 18 March. At this point you should have a plan to remain in place in Kosovo until travel patterns return to normal.
On March 27, we asked all U.S. Citizens in Kosovo who wish to be notified if commercial flights or evacuation options to the U.S. become available must complete this online FORM. Completing this form will enable us to compile accurate information on potential travelers, and the data will be held in strict confidentiality. If you previously contacted us, we already have your information, but recommend filling out this form if you have the capability to do so. Please also complete the form for all minor children.
Please view this brief video message by the Consular Chief regarding the current situation: https://xk.usembassy.gov/
On March 19, the Department of State issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory – Do Not Travel, due to the global impact of COVID-19.
On March 16, the United States Embassy in Pristina reduced staffing and operations, however, emergency consular services for U.S. citizens continue to be available. To apply for an emergency passport, or if you have any other urgent matter, contact PristinaACS@state.gov.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy web page on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Kosovo.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- U.S. Embassy Pristina, Kosovo
+ (383) 38-5959-3000
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Kosovo Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.