Exchange, Student, or USG Funded Visas

In general those wishing to study in the United States require student (F-1 or M-1) visas depending on whether the study is academic or vocational.

Students taking part in an exchange program, and those wishing to take up prearranged employment, training or research in the United States under an officially approved program sponsored by an educational or other nonprofit institution, require exchange visitor (J-1) visas.

For more information regarding these two visa categories, please visit Embassy Pristina’s student visa pages and State Department’s Study and Exchange website.