Request for Information for Catering Services (Closing Date: March 21 @15:00 local time)
U.S. Embassy Pristina is seeking to develop a professional relationship with a core group of qualified vendors to provide food, beverages, staffing, rental equipment, and related services for events for up to 200 people held throughout the year hosted by the U.S. Embassy.
Vendors who can meet the requirements outlined below on a regular basis should send a summary of their qualifications (as described in the second part of this announcement) to PristinaProcurement@State.gov. The Embassy will host an information session for interested vendors to explain the requirements and answer questions.
General Requirements for Events Hosted by the U.S. Embassy:
- Menus should feature locally grown, seasonal produce when possible and should include a detailed description of the items to be served.
- All food should be prepared in small, bite-sized portions. Food should require a toothpick, wooden skewer, or napkin to serve but not plates or utensils.
- The items should be prepared in such a way that they can be attractively presented on trays to be served to guests by the vendor’s staff.
- All food should be prepared off site and brought ready to serve. We have very limited space for food preparation on site.
- The vendor should provide still and sparkling water, local, mid-range red and white wine, and at least one kind of juice or lemonade. The vendor is responsible for delivery and removal of associated glassware.
- All food should be prepared, stored, and served in accordance with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) standards, as outlined here,
- The vendor will provide an English-speaking team leader who will act as a direct liaison with the event coordinator. The team leader will be responsible for supervising all aspects of the contract and should be available to consult with the event coordinator before, during, and after the event.
- The vendor will provide the appropriate number of waiters to: a) serve food and beverages on trays throughout the event; b) to set up and staff two drink stations and two food stations; c) to assist with clean up during the event; and d) clean up after the event.
- All waiters must have a minimum of one year of documented previous experience in catering and/or food service.
- The vendor should inform waiters of ingredients of each item served, for the purpose of sharing allergy information – if asked – with guests.
- If the vendor does not already have uniforms for their staff, waiters should wear a long sleeve, button up white shirt, black tie, black trousers or skirt, and black shoes.
- The vendor will arrange for food and beverages to be served by waiters providing passed food and drinks throughout the event.
- The vendor will ensure all items are removed from the Embassy immediately following the event and will ensure the serving and preparation areas are returned to their original condition.
- The vendor should provide the appropriate number of wine glasses and water/juice glasses.
- The vendor will provide all serving trays, glasses, barware, and any related items needed to serve food and beverages.
- Procurement Terms
- The vendor must be a registered business within Kosovo.
- The vendor should be able to accept a U.S. Government purchase order, EFT net 30-day payment or credit cards.
- All prices should be VAT excluded.
Interested vendors should send the following documents to PristinaProcurement@state.gov by 15:00 local time on Friday, March 21, 2020.
- Cost estimate to cater a reception including four savory canapes (including two vegetarian items) and three dessert canapes, beverages, staffing, equipment, and related services for a cocktail reception with an estimated 100 guests, which meets the requirements outlined above.
- An estimate of the appropriate number waiters for a 100-person reception to: a) serve food and beverages on trays throughout the event; b) to set up and staff two drink stations and two food stations; and c) to assist with clean up during the event.
- Photos of past events.
- The vendor may offer a wider selection of items in each of these categories for consideration, but the minimum requirement is for the number of items as described above.
- Evidence of a minimum of three events they catered where there were more than 200 attendees, including a description of the event, name, phone number, and email address of the main event organizer.
- List of three references from past events.
RFQ - PR8989962 (Closing Date: March 14, 2020 @ 15:00 local time.)
RFQ: 19KV4220Q0001 (Closing Date, March 11, 2020 @ 15:00 local time)
Enclosed is a Request for Quotations (RFQ) for mobile telephone services. If you would like to submit a quotation, follow the instructions ( Download Cover Page 19KV2020Q0001 and Solicitation 19KV2020Q0001) in Section 4 of the solicitation, complete the required portions of the attached document, and submit it to the following address:
U.S. EMBASSY PRISTINA
4 Korriku Nr. 25
Please submit your quotation in a sealed envelope marked “Quotation Enclosed” to the above address. The deadline for receipt of quotations is Wednesday, 15:00 local time, on March 11, 2020. No quotations will be accepted after this time.
More Federal government business opportunities may also be found at the Federal Business Opportunities (fedbizops.gov) website.
Vendor Registration Instructions
U.S. Embassy Pristina is pleased to announce online applications for vendor’s registration with the U.S. Government. Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Subpart 4.11—System for Award Management (SAM) requires that all prospective contractors must be registered in the SAM database prior to award of a contract or agreements. Please be advised that this registration is free of charge.
In order to do business with U.S. Embassy Pristina, your company must be DUNS, NCAGE and SAM registered. The instructions follow:
Feel free to familiarize yourself with the U.S. Government’s contracting procedures ruled by the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and the Department of State Acquisition Regulation (DOSAR). To see more U.S. Government Federal Business Opportunities, please go to the FedBizOps.
Note: Duns registration, NCAGE registration and Sam Registration should be hyperlinked with attachments.
If you do need any further information please send your questions at PristinaProcurement@state.gov