Location: Zahir Pajaziti Square, Luan Haradinaj St. and Mother Teresa Boulevard in Pristina, Kosovo.
Event: Demonstrations are expected to take place on September 5, 2018 beginning at 1800. Civil society will hold a protest against the political involvement in the judicial system, particularly demanding the resignation of the Chief Prosecutor and calling for vetting of the KLA (Kosovo Liberation Army) list. Today’s protest is a follow-up to the previous two week’s protests.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the area (Zahir Pajaziti Square, Luan Haradinaj St. and Mother Teresa Boulevard in Pristina, Kosovo)
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Avoid crowds.
- Avoid demonstrations
- Keep a low profile.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- U.S. Embassy Pristina, Kosovo
+ (381) 38-5959-3001
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Kosovo Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.