Location: Zahir Pajaziti Square, Luan Haradinaj St. and Mother Teresa Boulevard in Pristina, Kosovo.
Event: Demonstrations are expected to take place on August 29, 2018 beginning at 1800. Civil society will hold a protest against the political involvement in the judicial system, particularly demanding the resignation of the Chief Prosecutor. Today’s protest is a follow-up to last week’s August 22, 2018 protest.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the area (Zahir Pajaziti Square, Luan Haradinaj St. and Mother Teresa Boulevard in Pristina, Kosovo)
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Avoid crowds.
- Avoid demonstrations
- Keep a low profile.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- U.S. Embassy Pristina, Kosovo
+ (381) 38-5959-3001
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Kosovo Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.