- The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory advising U.S. citizens to avoid all international travel due to the global impact of COVID-19.
- There are 108 confirmed COVID-19 cases in Kosovo.
- If you have COVID-19 related questions, believe you are symptomatic, or need information regarding testing, please call toll free 038 200 80 800, or dial 194.
- For information on COVID-19 within Kosovo (active cases, recoveries, etc.) visit https://kosova.health/en/.
Entry and Exit Requirements:
- Both air and land travel are severely restricted and many land borders are effectively closed in both directions. Check with airlines, or the airport and border authorities, for the most up-to-date information.
- UPDATE: U.S. Citizens and Legal Permanent Residents in Kosovo who wish to be notified if commercial flights or evacuation options to the U.S. become available must complete this online FORM. Completing this form will enable us to compile accurate information on potential travelers, and the data will be held in strict confidentiality.
- UPDATE: The Air Prishtina flight departing Pristina International Airport on 05 April to Zurich still has seats available. You can book flights directly via www.airprishtina.com, by calling 038 222 099, or contacting Alta Via travel, or another travel agent, to check availability (firstname.lastname@example.org). There is a direct connection from Zurich to Newark (EWR) on 05 Apr, departing at 1720. You can book direct via Swiss Air website.
UPDATE: We were informed that at least one connecting flight from Zurich to Heathrow was CANCELLED. Please call your airlines to confirm your connecting flights now, and then again prior to departure. There are still options available either through London or Amsterdam.
- The Kosovo National Institute of Public Health (NIPHK) has developed a quarantine plan to be used if needed. As of March 13, the government of Kosovo began a mandatory self-quarantine for all citizens entering to the Republic of Kosovo from high and medium risk epidemic areas, in accordance with WHO instructions.