Kosovo is Open for your Business
New U.S. Embassy Pristina Commercial Section Services
The Economic and Commercial Section of the U.S. Embassy in Kosovo, as a partner post of the U.S. Commercial Service in Budapest, Hungary, works to assist U.S. companies looking to enter the Kosovar market. We offer information on the business climate in Kosovo, and can help promote your business in Kosovo. We are located at the U.S. Embassy in Pristina, Kosovo.
We promote the export of U.S. goods and services and protect U.S. business interests in Kosovo, working closely with the U.S. Commercial Service office in Budapest to provide the best possible service to U.S. companies.
If you are entering, considering entering the Kosovo market, or expanding within the Kosovo market, the Commercial Section at U.S. Embassy Pristina can work with you to provide services that fit your needs. We can assist you with planning and strategic issues, legal and regulatory requirements, and trade challenges.
We offer several services:
|Business Facilitation Service|
|Gold Key Matching Service|
|Platinum Key Service|
|Single Country Promotion|
|International Partner Search|
Our fees are variable and depend on the company size, as well as the overall workload involved.
Thinking about expanding your business to Kosovo? Our staff will work with you to put together a comprehensive solutions package that meets your needs
Gold Key Matching Service
(For U.S. Companies) Through our Gold Key Matching Service, the Commercial Section at U.S. Embassy Pristina can help U.S. small and medium-sized businesses find the right business partners in their targeted export markets. On your behalf, we will arrange one-on-one appointments with pre-screened agents, buyers, distributors, sales representatives, association and government contacts, licensing or joint venture partners, and other key players. Our staff can provide appointments with prospective trade partners in key industry sectors, guidance on appropriate follow-up strategies, travel assistance, interpreter services, and logistical support.
(For International Companies) Get prescreened appointments with pre-qualified, export-ready U.S. manufacturers and service providers. Through our Gold Key Matching Service, the U.S. Commercial Service helps international companies find the right business partners in the United States. On your behalf, we will arrange one-on-one appointments with pre-screened U.S. companies. Our trade specialists will provide you with: a market briefing describing the market conditions of your targeted geographic area in the U.S.; office space for the day of scheduled appointments; domestic use of fax, telephone and Internet; assistance arranging hotel accommodations; and interpretation and transportation services for an additional fee.
The Gold Key Matching Services offer:
- Customized market and industry briefings
- Appointments with prospective trade partners in key industry sectors
- Post-meeting debriefing and assistance in developing appropriate follow-up strategies
- Help with travel and accommodation arrangements, interpreter service, and clerical support
International Company Profile
Are you seeking a detailed background report on a prospective overseas sales representative or partner? The International Company Profile (ICP) report includes a listing of the company’s key officers and senior management as well as input from a site visit, banking information, market information (including sales and profit figures) and potential liabilities.
The U.S. Commercial Service in the target market performs a due diligence investigation of the capabilities, legitimacy, and financial strength of the ICP Subject gleaned from government, industry, and financial contacts, the local press, and other sources.
International Partner Search
Secure the best international partners to grow your sales. U.S. and U.S. affiliated small and medium-sized businesses can save time and money by leveraging the U.S. Commercial Service’s International Partner Search (IPS) to find pre-qualified global partners who are already interested in their products and services.
Initial Market Check
The Initial Market Check (IMC) is a service that gathers feedback on a company’s product(s)/service(s) from industry players, providing insight into the company’s potential strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and challenges in a particular market.
Single Company Promotion
The Single Company Promotion (SCP) provides U.S. and U.S. affiliated companies with a customized service to support and advance their objectives in an overseas market.
- How can you make major overseas players in your country notice you?
- Does your firm have a significant message for an overseas audience?
- Are you opening a branch office in a strategic new market?
- Have you recently signed a contract with a new distributor?
- Are you launching a new product?
- Would you like to schedule a seminar that will promote your product or service?
The Commercial Section at the U.S. Embassy Pristina can help your company identify and plan promotional events that maximize your exposure in your target markets. Let us help you market your products and services to professional industry associations and end users.
The Single Company Promotion offers key promotional venues to engage your target audience, including:
- An auditorium: Hold a seminar for a large audience.
- Hotel facilities: We’ll arrange hotel facilities for your business.
The U.S. Embassy Pristina Commercial Section provides:
- Contact lists which will have to be purchased
- Design and printing of invitations
- Introduction and remarks by a senior U.S. government official
- Telephone follow-up before event
- List of attendees, with updates including late registrants
- Design and printing of co-branded introduction letter of invitation, presenting your company and/or topic of event
- Address and parking information for conference
- Name badges for attendees and registration desk staff
- List of suggested caterers (if outside the U.S. Ambassador’s residence).
- Selection and direct payment of caterer
- Profile of companies to be targeted
- Program agenda
- Logo, to be used in co-branded letter, in .tif or .gif format
- Four weeks’ notice minimum before event.
Business Facilitation Service
Get low-cost logistical and administrative support when you are on international business travel. The U.S. Commercial Service’s Business Facilitation Service offers flexible solutions to let you do business when you are away from home. These services can include: interpretation/translation services, pick-up and delivery of bid documents, Single Company Promotions, invitations to targeted members of the local business community, and assistance with product seminars.
In general, Embassy Pristina’s Commercial Section supports the U.S. private sector by:
- Helping companies overcome trade obstacles to successfully enter the Kosovo market.
- Conducting coordinated U.S. government engagement with the Kosovo government to protect U.S. business interests.
- Advocating on behalf of U.S. companies competing for public tenders.
- Expanding opportunities for mutually beneficial commercial partnerships between U.S. and Kosovo firms.