Kosovo is Open for your Business
New U.S. Embassy Pristina Commercial Section Services
The Economic and Commercial Section of the U.S. Embassy in Kosovo works closely and regularly with its U.S. Commercial Service partnership post in Vienna, Austria to provide assistance to U.S. companies wishing to enter the Kosovar market. We offer information on the business climate in Kosovo and we can help you promote your business in Kosovo. We are located at the U.S. Embassy in Pristina.
The Commercial Section at the U.S. Embassy in Kosovo can provide valuable insight into local market conditions and business opportunities. We promote the export of U.S. goods and services and protect U.S. business interests in Kosovo, working closely with the U.S. Commercial Service office in Vienna to provide the best possible service to U.S. companies.
If you are entering, considering entering the Kosovo market, or expanding within the Kosovo market, the Commercial Section at U.S. Embassy Pristina can work with you to provide services that fit your needs. We can assist you with planning and strategic issues; legal and regulatory requirements; and trade challenges.
We offer several services, but if you want to be safe, go all in with our comprehensive customized Platinum Key Service!
|Business Facilitation Service|
|Gold Key Matching Service|
|Platinum Key Service|
|Single Country Promotion|
|International Partner Search|
Our fees are variable and also depend on the company size, as well as the overall workload involved.
Thinking about expanding your business to Kosovo? Our staff will work with you to put together a comprehensive solutions package that meets your needs.
Business Facilitation Service
Get low-cost logistical and administrative support when you are on international business travel. The U.S. Commercial Service’s Business Facilitation Service offers flexible solutions to let you do business when you are away from home. These services can include: interpretation/translation services; pick-up and delivery of bid documents; single company promotions; invitations to targeted members of the local business community; and assistance with product seminars.
Gold Key Matching Service
(For U.S. Companies) Through our Gold Key Matching Service, the Commercial Section at U.S. Embassy Pristina can helps U.S. small and medium-sized businesses find the right business partners in their targeted export markets. On your behalf, we will arrange one-on-one appointments with pre-screened agents, buyers, distributors, sales representatives, association and government contacts, licensing or joint venture partners, and other key players. Our staff can provide: appointments with prospective trade partners in key industry sectors; guidance on appropriate follow-up strategies; travel assistance; interpreter services; and logistical support.
(For International Companies) Get prescreened appointments with pre-qualified, export-ready U.S. manufacturers and service providers. Through our Gold Key Matching Service, the U.S. Commercial Service helps international companies find the right business partners in the United States. On your behalf, we will arrange one-on-one appointments with pre-screened U.S. companies. Our trade specialists will provide you with: a market briefing describing the market conditions of your targeted geographic area in the U.S.; office space for the day of scheduled appointments; domestic use of fax, telephone and Internet; assistance arranging hotel accommodations; and interpretation and transportation services for an additional fee.
The Gold Key Matching Services offer:
- Customized market and industry briefings
- Appointments with prospective trade partners in key industry sectors
- Post-meeting debriefing and assistance in developing appropriate follow-up strategies
- Help with travel and accommodations arrangements, interpreter service, and clerical support
Platinum Key Services
Get long-term, comprehensive, customized support to achieve your international business goals. Through the Platinum Key Service, U.S. and U.S. affiliated small and medium-size businesses can access the help they need to identify markets, launch products, develop major project opportunities, overcome market access barriers, deal with regulatory matters and more. Our staff will work closely with you to identify needs, monitor progress, and provide ongoing support.
Customized Platinum Key Services may include:
Planning and Strategy
- Business plan support for entry or expansion into Kosovo.
- Get ideas and cost-effective solutions to help achieve your business goals.
Legal and Regulatory Issues
- Determine export licensing needs for shipping your products.
- Understand and comply with global product standards, certification requirements, electricity regulations, and packaging laws.
- Learn how to avoid intellectual property rights issues and legal disputes.
Documentation and Product Requirements
- Learn about export documents, including Electronic Export Information filing, invoices, packing lists, and certificates of origin.
- Get assistance with customs-related issues.
- Obtain support if your company’s exports or Government of Kosovo bids are adversely affected by a trade barrier or by market access issues.
- Learn how to limit the risk of non-payment, and receive counselling if problems arise.
Trade Finance and Insurance
- Formulate an export finance strategy leveraging loan programs provided by the Export-Import Bank of America, the Small Business Administration, and other trade finance organizations to reduce risk and enable your company to offer competitive terms of sale in Kosovo (if available).
- Advertise in our official catalog of U.S. suppliers sent to nearly 400,000 international companies.
- Trade Missions and our International Buyer Program to meet with pre-screened buyers and receive export counseling at major U.S. trade shows.
- Overcome trade obstacles to successfully enter the Kosovar market.
- Benefit from coordinated U.S. government engagement with the Kosovar government to protect U.S. business interests.
Single Company Promotion
The Single Company Promotion (SCP) provides U.S. and U.S. affiliated companies with a customized service to support and advance their objectives in an overseas market.
- How can you make major overseas players in your country notice you?
- Does your firm have a significant message for an overseas audience?
- Are you opening a branch office in a strategic new market?
- Have you recently signed a contract with a new distributor?
- Are you launching a new product?
- Would you like to schedule a seminar that will promote your product or service?
The Commercial Section at the U.S. Embassy Pristina can help your company identify and plan promotional events that maximize your exposure in your target markets. Let us help you market your products and services to professional industry associations and end users.
The Single Company Promotion offers key promotional venues to engage your target audience, including:
- An auditorium: Hold a seminar for a large audience.
- Hotel facilities: We’ll arrange hotel facilities for your business.
- At the U.S. Ambassador’s residence: Host a private reception with key players in your industry at the U.S. Ambassador residence.
The U.S. Embassy Pristina Commercial Section provides:
- Contact lists which will have to be purchased
- Design and printing of invitations
- Introduction and remarks by a senior U.S. government official
- Telephone follow-up before event
- List of attendees, with updates including late registrants
- Design and printing of co-branded introduction letter of invitation, presenting your company and/or topic of event
- Preparation and mailing of invitations 6 weeks before event
- Address and parking information for conference
- Name badges for attendees and registration desk staff
- List of suggested caterers (if outside the U.S. Ambassador’s residence).
- Selection and direct payment of caterer
- Profile of companies to be targeted
- Program agenda
- Logo, to be used in co-branded letter, in .tif or .gif format
- 4 weeks’ notice minimum before event.
International Partner Search
Secure the best international partners to grow your sales. U.S. and U.S. affiliated small and medium-sized businesses can save time and money by leveraging the U.S. Commercial Services International Partner Search (IPS) to find pre-qualified global partners who are already interested in their products and services.